Protect Workers with ProtectaBull Face Masks
When it comes to food processing, quality, efficiency and reduction of contamination are key. Now more than ever, it’s important that we continue to protect workers from COVID-19 including supplying a variety of face masks in the workplace.
ProtectaBull.com by Bull Products is your one-stop e-shop to protect workers, bringing you all the essentials for Securing Your Safety in the food processing and manufacturing sector.
Face protection to suit your workers’ needs
Workers involved in the production, processing and distribution of food products are at greater risk of infection due to working so closely to other people.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks are essential in reducing the spread of viruses and disease within the food industry. Not only can face masks prevent the contamination of food during food production but they can protect workers when they are exposed to airborne risks such as dust, bacteria and mould.
The Food Standards Scotland advises that food business operators may wish to consider the introduction of face masks as an additional precaution for tasks where physical distancing presents a challenge.
However, the Food Standards Agency also advises on following government guidance on how to wear a face covering, and ‘the hygiene requirements for safe and effective use, maintenance and disposal’, to protect workers, food and drink products and the environment.
In the first instance, a risk assessment should be carried out to determine if they are appropriate to the task and the food business setting. This will also ensure workers are using them correctly and are aware of usage and disposal requirements to minimise them becoming a source of contamination.
Staff who are not accustomed to wearing face masks may be less likely to:
- Ensure they are fitted and worn properly
- Change them at regular intervals
- Handle and dispose of them hygienically
- Apply effective risk reduction measures such as handwashing.
When used correctly and in the right environment, face masks can be an effective tool to safeguarding workers.
- Six layers to improve filtration.
- Up to 50x protection against dust and fibres.
- Adjustable nose shaping and inner foam for added comfort during prolonged use.
- Valved to ease breathing comfort.
- Perfect for hygiene and food sector personnel.
- Designed to provide protection against infectious droplets.
- An adjustable elastic headband and a built-in foam cushion for comfort.
- Lightweight and easy to wear.
- Food safe.
- Can be worn with or without glasses, goggles, or face mask.
- Ideal for food preparation.
- High grade protection to reduce your risk of contamination.
- Designed for single use.
- Food-safe PET 400 mic.
- Provides splash protection from droplets and small liquid particles.
- BS EN 166.2001 (personal eye protection standard) accreditation.
- Lightweight and suitable for prolonged wear.
- Clips on to any plastic hard hat or bump hat.
- Masks, safety goggles and glasses can be worn underneath.
Food Production One-Stop-Eshop for Work-Safety
Protectabull.com by Bull Products is the new one-stop-eshop for all PPE, cleaning, and safety needs in the food and drink production and processing industry. ProtectaBull is the result of the Bull Products’ mission ‘Securing Your Safety’, which now extends into the food processing and manufacturing sector, as well as other, commercial, industrial, retail and hospitality […]